Thursday, October 6, 2011

Exploring Second Life

I am currently exploring Second Life (https://secondlife.com/), to see what option there is in there. It is a virtual world where you can create your own fantasy world and tour through others fantasies.  I only had been there less than a week and I had already had changed her appearance 4 or times already. You can change detail of the avatar; the face, eyes, lips, hair, body shape, etc. So everybody avatar is unique once you had in there for a while. Some of the universities seem to have virtual campus in the maps with libraries from and classes from San Jose State, Stanford and Capella Universities.  Here is the complete list; http://search.secondlife.com/?query_term=university&collection_chosen=all&isLeftColOpen=true&sort=. This is not a new virtual world. It had been around for a while. Some area is like it had been abandon if it was well developed. This is like Black Sun when it is virtual word when it was introduced in 1996, which is a VRML (virtual world mark up language) browser. The only things I find irritating are that it take time to regenerate because of the details on the surrounding area and the avatars. Some of the avatar has been around since 2006 and still use it as a test ground for modeling or expose of their artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

My Portfolio

I have been doing graphic for a long time. I had always done traditional media arts and crafts beside digital art. I was hoping that my portfolio would reflect it. I am also very technical with engineering education and training. I had gone from the drafting board to digital in the 70’s. I can do 3d modeling as well as printed circuit board layout besides painting in oil or watercolor. I have a passion for both trying to keep on learning and be creative. This is my main portfolio, but I am working on another version too.. This one is call "The Illustrator". I am working on another called the "Muse".

http://mindsprite.wix.com/the-illustrator

I had ran out space in my own website so I created a new gallery at a different location.
Gallery
The Whole 9

.

.

My Gallery

buy posters and art prints

ScienceDaily: Strange Science News

University of Cambridge News

ScienceDaily: Mind & Brain News

ScienceDaily: Allergy News

GameLife

Raw File

The Verge - All Posts

Mashable

Latest financial news - CNNMoney.com

ScienceDaily: Quantum Physics News

Psych Central Blog Network

Wired Science

Gadget Lab

CNN.com - Technology

CNN.com - U.S.

CNN.com - Entertainment

CNN.com - Health